30.5.1916 FONQUEVILLERS: 150 men under CAPTS R SAXBY & J TOLSON dug advanced trench 250 yards linking up with 37th Divn on left. 50 men under CAPT EB JOHNSON wired.
30.5.1916 LONDON GAZETTE: The following is an extract from the London Gazette d/- 30th May 16.
- Major (Temp Lt Col) G.D. GOODMAN to be Lieut. Col.
- Captain (Temp Major) A.J. HOPKINS to be Major (May 22nd)
- Lieutenant (Temp Capt) B. DARBYSHIRE to be Captain (Oct 16th)
- Lieutenant (Temp Capt) C.B. JOHNSON to be Captain (May 22nd)
- 2/Lieutenant (Temp Capt) J. TOLSON to be Lieutenant (Temp Capt Oct 16th)
- 2/Lieutenant (Temp Capt) H.H. JACKSON to be Lieutenant (Temp Capt May 22nd)
War Diary [WO/95/2694]
30th: 6th Battn Sherwood Foresters joined up advanced trench from right of 36th Division up to a sap North of NORTH FORTIN – distance of some 250 yards.
The trench was also wired – the Battalion received a complimentary telegram from G.O.C. Division for their work.
139 Infantry Brigade: Headquarters War Diary [WO95/2692]