Established Headquarters, Empire Hotel, Buxton.
Arrivals, 182 men.
[2/6th Battalion War Diary, WO-96-3025-3]
On 2nd November 1914, the Headquarters of the 2/6th Battalion were established at the Empire Hotel in Buxton. 184 men were clothed and dispatched from the Depot at Chesterfield the same day. By the end of November 1914 the Battalion had enlisted 977 NCOs and men. Many of the Officers gazetted to the Battalion had also arrived before the end of the month. The Battalion left Buxton and moved to Luton on the 3rd February 1915.